Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2/1/09 Sunday•Running Log

19 miles @ 7:45 pace
50 degrees, mostly overcast, low humidity
MGM course pacing Berto
new Brooks Ghost

I felt pretty good today. My right hamstring is still giving me trouble. It's achy. But it doesn't hurt while running. It seems tight and gives me this dull, deep ache from just above my knee up through my butt cheek. It also seems to get more tender if I run particularly hard, like last Tuesday at track, or particularly long, like today. I'll keep taking it easy and rolling it with the stick and rubbing that ibuprofen/arnica cream on it. It seems to help.

The new Brooks Ghost felt pretty good. They are very much like the NB 826 — soft and cushy as well as light. I'm thinking that I really do prefer the ride of a stiffer shoe, like my Adizero Bostons. The softer shoes cause some tingling and numbness in my right foot after running for more than approximately 30 minutes. The Bostons don't bother me at all even on long runs. I'll keep experimenting and maybe I'll switch over exclusively to the Adidas.

No comments:

Post a Comment