Thursday, February 5, 2009

2/5/09 Sweet Pain (Feb. O8)

Insanity is all around me,
And she is a woman.

She is kind.
She is callous.
She is strong
small
thin
wild.

She has no real idea
what she wants.

She makes me feel
like no one else.

Why does it hurt
so much
then?
Why then
does it seem like

torture

to be away from her?
to be near her?

She is also wiry
bright eyed
intense.
She seems to
always want
to be the boss.

She cares deeply,
her language
inadvertently
curt,
authoritative.

She is gentle
and loves to dance.

Why then
do I feel like
a man

who owes someone
an explanation?

She is also curvy
and full
of laughter,
frenetic,
intensely distrustful
of men.

She has a
monstrous

work ethic

and a profound
propensity

for smiling.

Why why why then
is she just
outside
my reach?

Insanity is all around me,
like a shroud

of sweet pain.

2 comments: